Monday, April 7, 2014

I have never been one to give up (mostly because I don't take on things I know I can't handle). I've always taken pride in the fact that I stand by what I say and that I stick to my principles. If I'm gonna lie, I'm gonna do it really well that even I would believe it. I think this comes from a fear of being called out, of being told that I'm going against what I say and that I'm not as good as I claim to be.

Lately, however, I've stopped caring about how I look to others, specifically the office. And I don't mean look as in my outfit and my hair, but look as in me as a person. To be honest, I've just stopped caring about this job. Not that I purposefully don't do my job, more like I'm gonna do the bare minimum. I arrive at the office an hour after official time-in, and I leave the moment the clock strikes 6. The first thing I do when I get to my desk is update on social media; actual work doesn't happen until my boss has something for me to do. The amount of work I actually do I do in 3 hours.

If I were a total asshole, I'd just stop coming in and work from home. But I'm not, so I just come in late and pretend to be writing e-mails when the general manager walks by.

I've stopped caring and I feel like I should feel guilty. But I've stopped caring about feeling guilty, too, so...

P.S. I only have 8 days left until my resignation kicks in so GOODBYE COMPANY

No comments:

Post a Comment