Sunday, May 19, 2013

omg

I went to the market with my mother today. Lately I've been feeling a lot more responsible and obligated, so I've been trying to help around the house. I got up at a quarter to six, and my mom was getting dressed. She was about to wake up my younger brother, the burlier one lol, when I volunteered to go, instead.

The market is a magical place. To be honest, I love the smell of raw meat. Because I can imagine how it'd smell cooked lol. I discovered how my mom does her shopping, and man was she quick. She'd go through all her suki stalls and order and pay for her meats. She'd do the whole circuit of the market without carrying anything, and then when we've ordered the final things, which were the vegetables, she'd go back to the prepared meats and come out with a bayongfull of beautiful animal carcass <3

We took less than an hour to shop for a week's worth of food.

It's amazing how much your school doesn't teach you. You can be as ~intellectual~ as you'd like to be, but at the end of the day, if you don't know the streets, you don't know shit.

Peace out.

Y'all.

omg

1 comment:

  1. ah to be a grown up. congrats, little boy. yesterday, a job. today, foraging for food. lovesette.

    ReplyDelete