Thursday, September 29, 2011

Baguio residences

I dislike people. Even more so people I do not know. Even more so if I have to be in close proximity with them for an extended amount of time. So you can imagine my hesitation when I learned I had to live in a house-sort-of-dormitory in Baguio for my first year at the UP Baguio. It's a house-sort-of-dormitory because the landlord owns this 3 part house. The big part is for his family, the other two for tenants. You can do whatever you want, sleep where you want, ek ek ek. You can tell he's a newbie landlord.

My mother made arrangements for me to live there because my cousin's friend lives there, so instant someone-I-kinda-know. So there I was, living with 10 other people. I liked them, which was weird. They were okay, and the longer I knew them, the okay-er they got. I'm still living with them (those who weren't evicted, anyway) and I love them to bits now.

That cousin's friend, Ayelle, has a house in Baguio. An actual house. Her family decided to have a resthouse and they had one built. We're living there now, and it's fabulous. We pay for electricity and Internet, and we have water delivered every week or so. We used to have a maid, but she decided to be an asshole so we fired her. We clean (haha) the house sporadically (this has been Ayelle's word the past week) and we look after the dog.

Where do we sleep, though? The house is their's, so we can't stay in their bedrooms. The basement actually has bedrooms, made especially for us (I think). We refuse to stay there, though, because mold is taking over everywhere. So we stay in the living room. We dragged our mattresses to the living room and we've been staying there for the past month or so. Fun, yeah? It's like we're in a never-ending slumber party.

No comments:

Post a Comment