Friday, October 7, 2011

And in 5 years, what?

When we were kids, we were always asked where we see ourselves 5, 10, 20 years from then. I've been thinking about that question (for about 10 minutes, and then I decided to write about it) and I'm not particularly sure where I see myself in 5, 10, 20 years.

Please don't answer "in the mirror." Don't.

Anyway. In 5 years, I hope to be working. I'll be 4 years out of college then, and maybe even have an MA under my belt. Working where, though? I'm taking BA Language and Literature, and that doesn't present such specific work opportunities as opposed to, say, BA Comm or BS Nursing. 

Most BA LL students go into teaching. I took a crack at that and found that I'm actually good at teaching college students. So maybe that. What else, though? Writing? I've always said that the only thing I see me doing is working for a magazine. Now, I'm not so sure. 

In 10 years, I'll be (gasp!) 29. I hope to be living apart from my mother then (although I'm not so sure she'll let me), and earning enough to actually buy stuff I want. Like a car. Or a really nice computer? I also hope to be able to travel by that time. Not out-of-town trips, but actual travelling. You know, Greece, France, Singapore. That kind of travel.

In 20 years, I hope to have a family. I'll be 39 (okay then, 40) and I'd like to have a brood of mini-Luis and mini-Xs. I'd like that X to be Yohan, but we can't really tell, can we?

I just hope that as I go through life, I have people going through it with me. Not necessarily a boyfriend or whatever, just... people. I'm tired of feeling alone in the middle of a crowd (oh god really?), even though I don't really feel alone in the middle of a crowd.

2 comments:

  1. I can picture the little Luis and the little Yohans. It'll be so fetch. haha and I am fully imposing my blogging weight on becoming a godfather to at least one of them. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fat kids with curly hair! So adorable. Ocge Nyl, ikaw sa isa. Haha.

    ReplyDelete