Tuesday, October 4, 2011

This, now. What then, later? (written October 4, published, then made private, and now published AGAIN)

Obviously, things are shaky with us. I can't speak for you because you almost never tell me anything, so let me just speak for myself here. My needs aren't being met. Mind you, these needs aren't enormous. I ask for the same things the next boyfriend would - text me if you're going out, try and update me with whatever's going on with you, don't stay out too late, and don't do anything that may harm you. An addition is to show some enthusiasm. We've been together for almost a year, but that doesn't mean we can just assume that everything will be okay even if we don't talk. The longer we're together, the more apparent it becomes that you're 1. bored, 2. tired, 3. or just no longer interested. I'm working from context clues here, because as I've said, you almost never tell me anything anymore.

I understand that you have school. I'm not asking you to drop-out and live with me. I know you have your family, I'm not asking you to abandon them and elope. But "being busy" isn't an excuse. And I know I'm not your everything. I'm not asking to be. But at least try to make me feel that you love me.

What would really help is if you would talk to me. Any way you can, really, because I'm not getting anything from you now. Tell me, what should I do? Should I just leave you be until this sem ends and you can breathe? Should I just wait until you're okay and we can continue with out relationship? What?

I miss the old us, you know. We used to talk for hours on the phone. Every night. No matter how busy you were, I'd wait up until you were free to talk. There was one time, back when we were just starting out, when you asked me to call you. That was really nice, because it made me feel like you wanted me, too. We even got to the point where we'd say I love you to each other every five texts or so.

Now I'm lucky to get a reply from you. I really miss you, Yohan. Talk to me. I love you.
                                                                                                                                                                           
P.S. I don't want to break-up. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment