Friday, October 7, 2011

Let me tell you about today

I got up at around 9AM and decided to just finish the paper I had to submit by 5 PM. I already started a couple of weeks ago so all I really needed to do was, uh, finish it. I dicked around on the Internet, of course, while writing, so it took me around 2 hours to finish. I asked my housemate to pass the paper for me since she's going to school for an exam anyway. She did, and I'm now free!

Well, no. I still have one more paper to write, but it's not due until the 12th, so...

I stayed at home, screamed at my download to finish, and basically just bummed. Around 2 PM, though, a strange feeling of nostalgia hit me, instead I wasn't longing for a certain time in the past. I just felt... empty. Was it the nice weather? The quiet atmosphere? The playing kids on the airport runway in front of our house?

I realized that I actually like Baguio on my last day here. 

I felt guilty, because I felt that I took Baguio for granted. It's not like it did anything bad to me, it just so happened to be situated approximately two hundred and fifty kilometers from home.

Around 5 PM, I started gathering my stuff. I was meeting my mom at the hotel since our house really is quite far from civilization. What's unfair is that she has a car, and I have to commute. Another unfair point is that she told me she'd be leaving Manila at 2 PM. She left at around 4. 

So I'm at the hotel now, and an hour ago I decided to go out for dinner since I really couldn't wait for my mother anymore. I went out and had Jollibee after buying a couple of hair clips and scrunchies. I walked from the hotel to the mall and back, and I couldn't help but feel, er, pretty. The weather was nice, and BoA's Implode was playing on my iPod. Again with the past-less nostalgia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment